Home | Sports | ‘BULL’ REGISTERED AS PRIVATE COMPANY

‘BULL’ REGISTERED AS PRIVATE COMPANY

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

MBABANE – Mbabane Highlanders Football Club (FC) has been finally registered as a private company.

Flamboyant South Africa-born businessman Chief Ally Kgomongwe is the majority shareholder at 80 per cent with the remaining 20 per cent split between the Chairman of the Patrons and Chairman of the National Supporters Committee (NSC). According to the ‘Certificate of Incorporation’ signed in Mbabane on 19 January, 2022, the shares have been placed at 1 000 with Kgomongwe holding 800. The Chairman of the Patrons, Thembinkosi Mavimbela, holds 100 and the Chairman of the National Supporters Committee Kenneth Dlamini holds the remaining 100.

An informed source told the Times Sports Desk that the country’s most successful side – with 13 league titles – had been registered as a private company. “It’s a done deal. Everything is now in black and white. Highlanders is a private company with the current director, Kgomongwe, a majority shareholder as per his wish and its all systems go,’’ the source confided to us.
The source further highlighted that the agreed upon shareholders agreement was yet to be signed as there still had to be a meeting with the Patrons Select Committee and later the Patrons to come up with the agreed shareholders agreement.

Facilitator of the registration of the country’s football aristocrats, lawyer Bongani ‘Bhanyaza’ Mdluli, speaking on behalf of majority shareholder, Kgomongwe, confirmed that the team had been registered as a private company. “I can only confirm on behalf of Ally that indeed Mbabane Highlanders FC has now been registered in terms of the Companies Act of Eswatini. Otherwise, all other issues/comments can be referred to other structures of the team,’ Mdluli said. Highlanders Patrons secretary Musa Masuku confirmed the registration of the team as a company had been concluded. “Yes, it was concluded a week ago and the whole process took just three days after we had agreed with Kgomongwe. We are happy that after we registered the team as a company, Kgomongwe gave us a bonus with the derby win on Sunday,” Masuku noted.

Comments (0 posted):

Post your comment comment

Please enter the code you see in the image:

: UNESWA army incident
Should an independent body be appointed to probe the UNESWA army incident?