Home | News | I WAS NOT INVOLVED IN VICTOR MURDER – SIPHO

I WAS NOT INVOLVED IN VICTOR MURDER – SIPHO

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
image Suspect in Victor Gamedze’s murder Sipho Shongwe.

MBABANE – Almost 20 days after his arrest, murder suspect Sipho Shongwe has finally broken his silence.


Shongwe, who was arrested on January 19, 2018 in connection with the murder of prominent businessman and football administrator Victor Gamedze, has since filed an application for bail at the High Court, in which he denies to have committed the offence.
He argued that he was not involved in the murder of Gamedze.


According to a charge sheet annexed to his application for bail, it alleged that on January 14, 2018 at or near Galp Filling Station (Ezulwini), Shongwe, acting jointly with other people in furtherance of a common purpose, unlawfully killed Gamedze. Currently the police are looking for three suspects who are alleged to have acted jointly with Shongwe to kill Gamedze.


The three wanted suspects are Sicelo ‘Dzodzo’ Zikalala/Luthango, Mbuso Ncaza Nkosi and another who is yet to be identified.
E450 000 is at stake for anyone who would assist the police with information that would lead to the suspects’ arrest. In his application for bail, Shongwe averred that on the day of the murder incident, he was at home with his family.  He told the court that at his home there were cameras.


According to Shongwe, the cameras would show that on the date of the incident, he did not leave his residence. “I state that I was not involved in the murder of Mr Victor Gamedze. My home is situated 40 kilometres away from the place where the deceased was killed,” alleged Shongwe. He went on to state that he had been told that Gamedze was killed at a petrol station and that the video footage showed that the gunman arrived at the filling station, and that after he had killed Gamedze, fled the scene.


“I deny that I killed the deceased or that I acted in common purpose to do so with anybody,” contended the accused. The businessman contended that there was no strong case against him and would in all probability be acquitted by the trial court.
Shongwe said he had a good defence to the charge he was facing.

Comments (0 posted):

Post your comment comment

Please enter the code you see in the image:

: Elections
Could killing of an albino child be linked to elections?