Developing Stories
Monday, May 25, 2026    
Hubby uses kids to lure wife to death
Hubby uses kids to lure wife to death
Crime
Saturday, 3 January 2026 by Joseph Zulu

 

MBABANE – Yesterday, social media was abuzz with the death of a woman who was brutally killed, allegedly by her husband.

The woman, Princess ‘Nunu’ Johnson is said to have been inflicted with 16 stab wounds and her throat was allegedly slit, using a serrated knife, commonly referred to as a bread knife. Johnson’s death left the community of Motshane shocked as police officers descended on the community. Johnson is said to have been a preschool teacher, aged 30.

It has since emerged that the husband, Thulani Ginindza, who is now on the police wanted list, allegedly tricked their eldest child aged 13 years into calling Johnson to return to the house, as she was not at home when he arrived at around 10pm on New Year’s Eve.

The two had children together, two girls aged 13, 6 and one boy aged four years respectively. After initially calling her and not getting a response, Ginindza is said to have coerced the eldest children to call their mother and pretend that their youngest sibling was feeling sick and that she should return home urgently.

According to information gathered, the girls realised that something was not right as they were not comfortable about lying to their mother. However, Ginindza is said to have made sure that they did not call her again and had confiscated their phones and this prevented them from warning their mother about the imminent danger they feared.

The tragic incident happened at a homestead near Endumo Umphakatsi at around 7am yesterday, leaving residents in disbelief.

Police were called immediately after the attack and arrived at the scene to find that the woman had already died. The intensity of the attack left the room soaked in blood, a relative said, making it clear she could not have survived.

*…

Calls for stronger action against GBV grow

MBABANE – Public outrage and renewed calls for decisive action against gender-based violence (GBV) have intensified following a flood of reactions on Facebook after a post was made about the brutal death of Princess Johnson.

The comments, posted within minutes of the news breaking, reveal deep national anguish, anger and frustration over persistent violence against women and children.

Social media users responded with shock and disbelief, many struggling to comprehend the brutality of the attack. Expressions of grief, prayers and heartbreak dominated the comment section, with users repeatedly describing the incident as ‘painful’, ‘horrific’ and ‘heartbreaking’. Several commenters said the killing reflected a society that has taken a ‘wrong turn’, warning that violence inside the home has become disturbingly normalised.

A recurring concern raised by Facebook users was the fate of the children left behind. Many described the incident as a lifelong trauma for the minors, who must now live with the knowledge that their mother is gone, and their father faces arrest and possible imprisonment.

*…

… orders kids to surrender phones

MBABANE – To prevent her from escaping or being warned, Ginindza allegedly took all the phones from the children, ensuring they could not call their mother.

He then reportedly ordered one of the children to phone their mother, claiming that a younger sibling was sick and urgently needed her at home. Believing the message, the woman rushed to the house, unknowingly walking into the fatal situation.

Upon her arrival, Ginindza allegedly followed her inside and locked the door, starting a violent confrontation. The children were in the next room and could hear their mother screaming as the attack unfolded.

The older daughter, reportedly around 13 years old, realised that the fight was more dangerous than usual and ran to a nearby community police officer to seek help. Unfortunately, by the time the community police officer reached the house, the woman had gone silent in the room.

In fact, the community police narrated how he saw the alleged killer leaving the house, unaware of the gruesome action he had just committed. It was only when he entered the house that he discovered Johnson, on the floor in a pool of blood.

It was reported that after the incident, he fled the scene carrying a plastic bag and covered in blood. By the time officers and residents combed the nearby area, he was already on the run.  Contents of the plastic bag are unknown at this moment.

A contingent of nearly 20 police officers followed the suspected path into the mountains in search of him yesterday morning. At the time of compiling this reporting, he remained at large and is considered dangerous.

*…

… gambling cited in couple’s relationship

MBABANE – The argument over the lost E11 000 came up as one of the reasons the couple’s relationship resulted in frequent arguments.

Though this was not cited as the single cause of the fatal attack, according to a relative, Ginindza had gambled away the money he claimed to have earned, leaving the household in shock. The financial dispute reportedly escalated tensions in the home and may have contributed to the fatal confrontation.

Ginindza is said to have frequently engaged in online gambling.

*Full article available in our publication

Get Your Free Delivery from Us to Your Home

No more rushing to grab a copy or missing out on important updates. You can subscribe today as we continue to share the Authentic Stories that matter. Call on +268 2404 2211 ext. 1137 or WhatsApp +268 7987 2811 or drop us an email on subscriptions@times.co.sz