Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

HHUKWINI - Will justice ever be served?

Families of two minors, who were murdered in separate incidents, are questioning if they will ever receive justice regarding the brutal slaughtering of their loved ones. The family members are asking themselves this question, as the people they believe to be behind the murders of their relatives freely roam the streets in their communities despite reasonable suspicion that they had a hand in the murder incidents. As the investigations into the cases continue, some families have come forward, helpless, saying they were reliving the horror of what happened to their children and not seeing justice prevail worsened the situation.


“We do not have the finer details of how the justice system works, hence we are feeling helpless. The worst part is that we are living among suspects and that breaks our hearts every day,” said the families. A Ntuli family of Hhukwini and a Fakudze family of Dzakasini in Hlatikhulu have had to live with the pain of burying the minor children, who were killed in separate incidents. Both children were gruesomely murdered and their bodies were ditched in the bushes. The families claimed they knew the alleged killers and had reasonable proof. All they are asking is for them (alleged suspects) to be at least removed from the community. “Why do we have to live among the people who have (allegedly) done this to our children?” asked the families.

The Ntuli family’s case is fresh. A couple of weeks ago, their seven-year-old child, a boy, who had been reported missing, was found murdered. Simiso Ntuli of Hhukwini was found dead with a stab wound on the neck about two weeks ago. There were reasonable suspicions that the perpetrators were two teenage boys from the same area. No arrests have been made so far, but same people were called in to assist officers with investigations and were later released back to the community. The day the boy met his death, he was sent to the shops to buy chicken portions, among other items, with a E200 note, but he never returned. His worried relatives reported the boy to the police as a missing person. The report was filed on the evening of the same day when he went missing. A search party, inclusive of police officers, family and community members, searched for the missing boy and eventually found him dead in the same community, near bushes.

Comments (0 posted):

Post your comment comment

Please enter the code you see in the image:

Should government lift the ban on booze sales?