Home | News | 2 ESWATINI MOBILE WORKERS TEST POSITIVE

2 ESWATINI MOBILE WORKERS TEST POSITIVE

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

MBABANE - Two employees of telecommunications company Eswatini Mobile have tested positive for COVID-19.
The employees are stationed at the company’s head office situated at the Madlenya House.


In a press statement issued by the Communications Department, the company confirmed the latest developments and noted that COVID-19 was a worldwide pandemic, which did not discriminate.


“As an immediate response to protect the health and safety of our staff, our offices were fumigated on June 29, 2020 (Monday).  As a precautionary measure, all employees who worked closely with the affected employees have been tested and will be in self-isolation until their test results are received,” reads part of the press statement. It was mentioned that the company was providing voluntary testing to staff who believed that they had close contact with the affected employees.


Safety


“We would like to assure all our staff, customers, and general public that all necessary precautionary measures are being taken to ensure their health and safety while in our premises. We continue to advise all staff and members of the public to continue following all COVID-19 precautionary measures shared by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Ministry of Health,” it was emphasised in the press statement


Furthermore, the company wished the affected employees a speedy recovery.
On Monday, this publication reported that Swaziland Building Society (SBS) Managing Director, Timothy Nhleko, had passed on after he had tested positive for COVID-19 over a week ago.


The bank also revealed in a detailed press statement that eight of its employees had tested positive for COVID-19. The employees, according to the statement, were stationed at the headquarters in Mbabane.

Comments (0 posted):

Post your comment comment

Please enter the code you see in the image:

: Positive nurses not isolated
Is government overwhelmed or is it just pure negligence on some health personnel?