Home | News | ESWATINI COVID-19 CASES NOW 8

ESWATINI COVID-19 CASES NOW 8

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

MBABANE – The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the country has surged from five to eight.


The Ministry of Health had submitted 74 specimens for testing in South Africa and three of them came back positive while the rest were negative.
This was confirmed by Minister Lizzie Nkosi through a statement yesterday. Nkosi said the three individuals who tested positive for the deadly COVID-19 pandemic were all females who had a history of travel to South Africa.


Two of them, aged 24 and 43 have a history of travel to the Gauteng Province and they were both declared clinically stable while the third one, aged 24, has a history of travel to Kwa-Zulu Natal (KZN) and she was also declared clinically stable.


Confirmed


The number has surged to eight after the country previously stood at five confirmed cases, with the initial patient said to have recovered.
Nkosi said contact-tracing was ongoing and treatment in isolation had been initiated on all the patients. “The Ministry of Health wishes to emphasise the importance of cooperating with health advice especially on self-isolation. All those given this advice are expected to stay in their rooms, away from the rest of the family. Use a mask if you have flu and visitors should not be allowed into the patient’s room, until discharged,” she said.

The minister added that all those given such advice should use dedicated linen and eating utensils for the patient and these items should be cleaned with soap and water after use and may be re-used instead of being discarded. The patients are also not expected to travel to social gatherings and public places. Meanwhile, in South Africa President Cyril Ramaphosa has confirmed that there are n

ow more than 900 confirmed coronavirus cases. Just two days after announcing the full lockdown, on Wednesday March 25, the number stood at 709.
SA Health Minister Zweli Mkhize, said the exact number, as of yesterday, was 927, meaning that there had been an increase of 218 cases.  Just like the case is with Eswatini, South Africa commenced their 21-day lockdown at midnight (last night) and all South Africans, except for essential services staff, are expected to remain indoors in their respective homes.  The only difference with the lockdowns of the two States is that South Africa announced a full lockdown while Eswatini is on a partial lockdown.
Movement


A simple distinguishing factor is that in the neighbouring country, there is strictly no movement allowed, unless under certain circumstances except for personnel in essential services like health workers, police officers and specific food outlets employees; while in the kingdom, civil servants will be reporting for duty and other businesses outside of the essential services umbrella will be allowed to operate as long as they minimise working hours and adhere to the precautionary measures put in place.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) situation reports depict that there are 413 467 confirmed cases globally and the death toll stands at 18 433. Africa has 1 664 confirmed cases and 29 deaths.

Comments (0 posted):

Post your comment comment

Please enter the code you see in the image:

: Police discretion
Should the police use their discretion to stop COVID-19 spread?