Home | News | REVEALED: 4 OF 7 SCHOOLS WITH WITHHELD RESULTS

REVEALED: 4 OF 7 SCHOOLS WITH WITHHELD RESULTS

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

MBABANE – The head teacher of Othandweni Primary School is confused after the school’s results were withheld.

JT Vilakati told this newspaper that he was set to visit the Examinations Council of Swaziland (ECoS) today where he was hoping to get answers on what happened. Other schools which had their results withheld are Jack Hersov, Bhalekane Nazarene Primary School and Magengane Primary. Vilakati said causing the confusion was the fact that the school’s centre number was 3 094 and that the schools which came before his also did not appear in the results.
“This made us suspect that perhaps we were omitted. We will find out when we get to the Examinations Council,” he said. Interestingly, the SPC Results have not had the two centre numbers mentioned by Vilakati even in the past two years which means that they might not be existent anymore or were changed by the Exams Council.

Even though a comment could not be sourced from Bhalekane Nazarene Primary School, its non-appearance in the results was easy to spot as it usually appeared among the first due its centre number which is 1 002. In previous years, the school would come second in the sequence of the results and would come after All Saints Primary, whose centre number is 1001. Another school, whose results have been withheld is the prestigious Jack Hersov Primary School which is based at Maphiveni near Simunye and is privately-owned by the cane-growing company, Tambankulu Estate. Standard V results for the school were conspicuously missing when results for other primary schools were published in the media on Saturday and this reportedly left both parents and teachers extremely worried and confused. When reached for comment, the school Head teacher Sibusiso Nkambule asked not to comment.

However, when pressed further, he confirmed that the Standard V results for the school had been withheld but he stated that they were in the dark with regard to the reasons why the results had been withheld. In a press conference on Friday, ECoS Registrar Dr Edmund Mazibuko told the media that they would not release the results for seven schools until they had concluded their probe. The number of schools whose results were withheld in 2016 was only three..

Comments (0 posted):

Post your comment comment

Please enter the code you see in the image:

: Domestic violence
Are MPs willing to stop domestic violence in the country?