Home | Entertainment | SNCAC TAKES STAND IN MISS HERITAGE WORLD FIGHT

SNCAC TAKES STAND IN MISS HERITAGE WORLD FIGHT

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

MBABANE – The   Miss Heritage Cultural World 2015 pageant, will now be held in Zimbabwe instead of South Africa, after a harsh email detailing abuse was revealed by the pageant founder.


The pageant was scheduled for October 15 in South Africa, Sandton Square but the founder has shifted it to Zimbabwe, Harare for October 30. 
The founder of the Miss Heritage Cultural World, Tare Munzara revealed in a detailed email that he had been fighting to get the rights to host the pageant back in his home country Zimbabwe, after he found out that the contestants were allegedly being sexually abused. “I am disgusted about the way the South African organisers have been treating these young women.

I was first told about the abuse in 2013 and have been investigating it in house ever since. Now that the facts have been proven to me, I just want my vision of a clean and wholesome cultural pageant back,” reads part of Munzara’s email. 
Swaziland Council of Arts and Culture (SNCAC) CEO, Stanley Dlamini, said they were aware of the allegations the Zimbabwean organisers had levelled against their South African counterparts.
The event   is expected to be held on October 30, 2015 and Miss Heritage Cultural Phumzile Thwala will be representing Swaziland. 


The queen according to Stanley Dlamini is ready for the pageant, as it had been part of their plan since 2014.
“Yes we have the full detailed email correspondence which was sent to all participating countries, notifying us that all rights have been handed back to the founder of the pageant in Zimbabwe. So for us its full steam ahead and we will also be keeping a closer eye of course on the queen and her entourage as it is our duty to protect the girls in their travels,” added Dlamini.


The disturbing email is set to open a can of worms as the founder of Miss Heritage, Tare Munzara, stated that he will not rest until the perpetrators are brought to justice.  Dlamini said as directors of the pageant they were fully supportive of Munzara as beauty pageants get ruined by such behaviour.

Comments (0 posted):

Post your comment comment

Please enter the code you see in the image:

: Sihlangu coach
Should Anthony Mdluli continue as Sihlangu coach?