Incwala may be on New Year's Eve
MBABANE – This year’s Incwala is likely to be danced on New Year’s Eve.
Government, according to a highly-placed source, is expected to declare the day (December 31, 2012) a public holiday.
Home Affairs Minister Prince Gcokoma said yesterday: "Indicators are that the main Incwala will be danced towards the end of the current month."
The prince, who is also the Chief of Mbelebeleni Royal Kraal in the Manzini region, said the Incwala holiday was still to be approved by the authorities.
"You better talk to me on a later date maybe I’ll have something for you regarding the matter you’re asking me about," stated the minister.
Acting Ludzidzini Governor, Timothy Velabo Mtetwa, yesterday hinted that the main Incwala was likely to be danced before the end of the year.
However, Mtetwa said confidentiality in traditional matters prohibited him from disclosing the exact date of the sacred Incwala ceremony.
"Who am I to mention the Incwala date, lest I risk being fined a cow," he said.
The national event is danced when there is a full moon.
The dancing of both the Little Incwala and the main one are determined by the different phases of the moon.
The dancing of the Little Incwala commenced at Ludzidzini Royal Residence yesterday afternoon.
- to bad i cant be in two places at the same time. i like the incwala as a ceremony. the dancing, singing and shouting but i dont think i go along with rituals that comes along with it. the only reason is that i subscribe to the Christain doctrine and therev are conflict between the two. i will miss it since will be Preaching in a cross over service in Carltonville. Please fellas go there and support our King and Nation pray for it as this is meant for prayer and i will do the same where i will be.
December 14, 2012, 10:00 am, stanley sangweni
- FORKED TONGUE SPEAK IS GOVT’S LINGUA FRANCA
- ARSON SUSPECTED IN BURNT HOUSE
- JUDGE MPENDULO’S PAY JUMPS BY 126 PER CENT
- ’LANDERS MISS OUT AGAIN
- ‘MAGAWUGAWU’ QUITS PIRATES FOR RED LIONS