Lubulini teachers charged with misconduct after strike
SITEKI-Four teachers at Lubulini Catholic primary school have been charged with misconduct by the school administration, for their involvement in the recently ended teachers’ strike.
The teachers who are said to have been in the forefront during the strike are said to have violated the schools’ code of conduct, which states that teachers should not associate themselves with matters or actions that may lead to disruption of the learning process. The code of conduct is said to be applicable to all teachers in this school which is under the Catholic mission.
During an urgent parents’ meeting on Tuesday, the school committee announced to parents that four teachers had been charged for partaking in the strike.
After the parents’ meeting the teachers were served with letters stating the charges. "It is with great sadness to note that you are one in the forefront and influential in making the school ineffective. My own view and recommendation is that it would be best for us to be separated and that will also benefit the school," reads part of the letter that was signed by the Principal, Jabulani Joseph Ndzimandze.
During the meeting some parents are said to have questioned the school administration’s decision to charge the teachers.
The school committee is said to have explained to parents that it had authority to charge the teachers since the school is under a mission.
Ndzimandze said the four teachers were causing detrimental and uncon-ducive conditions at the school.
"There is nothing wrong with the decision taken by the school administration since it’s legal for principals to write to teachers if there is an element of misconduct in the school. I would like to also clarify that the teachers have not been suspended as some people think," said Ndzimandze.
- Schools festival bigger and better!
- Itak’seta mo...! dial 8703
- Sonnyboy out of Sundowns NSC!
- Hotspurs in First Division!
- Manzini nominates no one for FA President