Conjugal rights visits coming for inmates
MBABANE – Inmates in the country will now be afforded conjugal rights visits as part of their benefits.
This will be implemented in all the country’s correctional facilities, excluding the Juvenile Prison.
The country has a total of 11 centres.
His Majesty’s Correctional Services PRO, Luke Malindzisa, said the conjugal rights benefit would only apply to legally married couples.
However, Malindzisa said they were still waiting for funds for the construction of the facilities for this provi-sion.
Already, there is a design for such a facility to be constructed at KaLanga.
He said the project was already in the pipeline, but due to lack of funds, they would begin with other projects that do not require a lot of money.
He said giving inmates conjugal rights would not be done indiscriminately, but all well behaved inmates would be entitled to this benefit.
According to Malindzisa, all SADC countries afford this privilege to inmates and Swaziland is lagging behind in this regard.
"This is one of the top needs for inmates and they cannot be deprived of it," Malindzisa said.
He said the sexual needs of the spouse who had not been involved in any criminal activity should not be frustrated, but should be met.
- big ups to the correctional services.this is long overdue.i see the end of sodomy in jails and the end of adultery at home while a spouse is behind bars.
December 8, 2011, 9:01 am, total (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- BREAK UP THE ELECTRICITY SECTOR
- ALL OUT CROWNED GALP ENERGIA BUSINESS LEAGUE CHAMPS
- ‘BIRDS’ LINE UP EIGHT NEW PLAYERS
- ‘BIRDS’ OFFERED GUMBO E8 000 SALARY – AGENT
- SIKHATSI, CO ARE ‘BITTER’– AG, MINISTRY